“No poultry or ham,” was the only request my family made for Christmas dinner this year. Out go our normal menu choices. What to fix?
- Bacon-wrapped Maple Pork Loin
- Applesauce (home-canned)
- Spinach salad with mandarin oranges
- Twice-baked potatoes
- Roasted vegetables – broccoli, snap peas, green beans, corn, and water chestnuts
- Wheat rolls from freshly ground Montana prairie gold and bronze chief wheats
- Chocolate s’mores cake roll – chocolate cake, marshmallow filling with graham cracker crumbles (my daughter’s latest kitchen experiment)
- Hot, cinnamon-spiced cider
New can be good. Always an adventure in the kitchen!